Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A day in the life...

I have been thinking that I really need some help on how to spruce up my blog. So, if I have any volunteers to give me a blog tutorial let me know :) Words are no problem for me-- I always love to run my mouth written or orally, but I am just not that blog savvy.

Heidi Keck from church has asked me to teach a coupon class during a Relief Society retreat in a few weeks and I can't believe how excited I am! I love saving money-- it is like a sport to me-- how much can I save?! So, being able to share that with other people is thrilling... I think some of my best deals of the week were from Walgreens. They had make up 75% off and then Buy 1 Get 1-- with coupons I bought 10 Revlon and Almay lipsticks for $1.50. I saved over $81. Ashley asked when I got home, "what are you going to do with all that lipstick?" I guess I will start to look like the Joker! Ha! No really-- it is nice in gift baskets and stuff like that. Earlier in the week I did some CVSing and they had some extra bucks deals and I managed to get 8 packages of maxi pads, kid's Tylenol, bandaids, candy (for movie night with the girls), several boxes of wipes (which I always need) and some other things for about $3. I had to pay a little because the clerk told me that I had money left over when I didn't
:( What will I do with all those maxi pads? Give them to my mom and sisters-- I am sure all you guys out there wanted to know all about that! Just being a good sister, daughter and friend!

If you are looking for deals on diapers and wipes Rite Aid has an awesome deal going on until Saturday. You can buy them and give as shower gifts even if you don't have little ones in diapers. Huggies Jumbo or Supreme diapers are on sale for $9.99-- buy 2 packs and then buy 2 packs of wipes ($3.69). Use the coupons in this past week's paper (1/11/09) for $1.50 off diapers and $.50 off wipes. Go to www.riteaid.com and register to do your rebates online and they will give you a $5 off $25 purchase coupon-- make sure you use that coupon first when you pay or it won't ring up because you won't have a $25 purchase. Then register your rebates for $2 off Huggies diapers, $2 off two packs of Huggies wipes and a $10 giftcard at Rite Aid for any purchase of $25 in Kimberly Clark products. (You find the information on how to register in their monthly rebate book available in the store and I assume online-- although I haven't looked.) Your total comes out to about $4.50 for 2 bags of diapers and 2 boxes of wipes. So, go save tons of money!!!!! Happy days!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

I am so grateful that my wife feels comfortable enough to talk about maxi pads in front of the entire world. Gross.

Jamie Martin said...

You are too good! I can not wait for your class!!! Please teach me oh wise one!

Brandi said...

Love all your deal tips Shannon!

And now I feel bad because they wanted me to teach a sewing class and I told Heidi I wasn't sure I was up to doing it so close to my due date but you are due the same time as me. I always knew you were nicer than me. ;)

Shannon said...

Not true at all! I just love to run my mouth!!