Why do I listen to political stuff? It makes me crazy what is happening within our country and I just want to scream sometimes! As many of you may imagine by some of my earlier posts I do not agree at all with the stimulus package. I just wanted to give you a few statistics on the stimulus package...
With the current 800 billion stimulus every person in poverty could receive $22,000 or EVERY person (man, woman and child) in the country could receive $2700. And much of this money that is supposed to help us through this recession will not be available to be used for 2-3 years! How is that going to help the country NOW? Funny how that money will be used for projects right before re-election. The next big question is who will pay this huge credit bill(that we owe to the Chinese)? That's right-- look into your little ones faces and that is who will pay our debts. Did you know that as a country we now owe more than we possess in wealth? That's right-- our debts to foreign debtors outweigh the wealth of every person in the United States. I encourage everyone to write your local people in the Congress and the Senate and tell them, "no!!!" on this package. You may say that you don't have time or you're not interested, but what happens within our government will directly affect each of us and our children.
Just an afterthought-- here is another good article about where we are headed with our debts...
http://bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601039&sid=aGgZR28hHCPk&refer=columnist_hassett
Today..
10 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment