I am becoming obsessed! I just dreamed that I was debating Barack Obama on the role of big government in a restaurant (who knows where!) and I won the debate. What a great dream! I was very respectful to him, but ranting about the stimulus package which includes billions for childcare for low income families and hundreds of millions for condoms. Too funny!! A friend and her husband were talking about my political causes the other day and he said it must be hard to be Shannon and know what is happening in the country! LOL! That is pretty funny!
I was reading a great article yesterday on the role of government when it governs least and thought I would share...
“What has destroyed liberty and the rights of man in every government?" Thomas Jefferson asks. “The generalizing and concentrating all cares and powers into one body.”
President Gerald Ford summed up the problem of an overreaching government well when he said, “…a government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take [away] everything you have.” (I found these quotes in an article by Spencer Anderson of The Heritage Foundation.)
Today..
10 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment