Monday, October 27, 2008

Economic Times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfascZSTU4o
I heard this guy speak this morning on the news. He made this prediction or calculation 2 years ago and made another dire prediction today-- a depression much like what the US experienced in the 1930's. You do have to wonder where the economy is headed with the likelihood of Barack Obama as our president. And I don't think that McCain's economic plans are any better. I think the problem is that we as Americans want to have our cake and eat it too. We want the nicer car, house, boat, television-- whatever, but we don't want to pay for it until later. And when it comes time to pay if we don't have the money to pay the bill we want government to fix it, so we don't feel the pain. It is like a child and parent-- for example-- Today it was windy and chilly outside. I told Ellie as we were headed to the grocery store to put on her jacket, because it was chilly and she might get cold in short sleeves. She didn't want to put on her jacket, so when we got to frozen foods she was cold, whiny and wanted my jacket. I told her I put on my jacket because I knew it was cold and warned her to do the same, but she refused and so being cold was the consequence. Do you think that she will wear her jacket next time? We will see, but the American public in essence has left their jackets at home and now politicians want to give them a jacket, hat, gloves and a scarf instead of telling them-- next time bring your jacket.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

VERY WELL PUT. Glad I married you...

Brandi said...

I totally agree Shannon. And it is very scary. You hit the nail on the head though.