skip to main |
skip to sidebar
The debate
Well-- I have received many "I told you sos" from Ashley over Sarah Palin's awful interviews with the news media. Watching her flounder and stumble through questions that I feel like I could answer better (which isn't saying much) is so painful to watch. It is like watching Ben Stiller and that cat in Meet the Parents over and over again-- too much. So, tonight is the debate with Joe Biden and I have to say that I am glad that I have a meeting to go to, so I can avoid her verbal fumbles. Ashley can give me all the high points and show me any particuliarly awkward moments on youtube. And here is my next revelation about this election-- I have little doubt that Obama will lose. AND that will have to be okay. I worry about who he will appoint to the Supreme Court, but hopefully the court itself will stay fairly conservative; I hope that he doesn't try to pass legislation bringing back the Fairness Doctrine, because I love my talk radio-- frankly I am an addict! :) (My two favorites are Jason Lewis who sometimes fills in for Rush but has a show in Minnesota and Walter E. Williams who is a professor of Economics, but also fills in for Rush-- brillant man!) I have worries about all his "programs" that he plans to fund by taxing "the rich." At what point do I become rich and get taxed up the ying yang (not that we aren't already)? And I worry about the threat of Islamic terrorism, but I have to have faith in God that all will be right in the end. So, I think I will be casting my vote for the liberterian candidate, Bob Barr. I am not 100%, but I sure am leaning that way. I'll keep the 3 of you who read my random thoughts posted--ha ha! Happy Thursday to all!
3 comments:
Love to hear your thoughts- when it doesn't get to deep for me. I'm not all about the politics like you. Not that it's bad I just get lost. Good info though! Talk to ya soon!
If you click on the "follow this blog" button on the right of my blog where all the little pics are I can visit you easily just by clicking on your pic.
Shannon you crack me up with all your political thoughts. And I know you are so into it. It must be hard to see there aren't any real good contenders. I too am putting faith in God protecting this country. You make me smile!
I guess I make three! So please keep us posted, I love your thoughts!
Post a Comment