Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Gratitude

Okay folks... I do my best to teach my dear little daughters, but I have recently noticed the green envy bug creeping more and more into my kids. I am trying to combat it with love, patience and Heavenly wisdom, but I would love it if anyone out there had any ideas on how to teach children to be grateful. Sometimes prayers are answered through others... I guess the biggest example of our problems is with clothing. Has anyone out there seen my girls' wardrobes? They have more than enough clothes from doting grandparents, aunts, uncles, hand me downs and my yard sale finds. But, my oldest still does not think she has enough, because not everything suites her tastes. She finds something wrong with just about every item of clothing she has and asks for new things to wear. She then complains that Ellie has more clothes than her and its not fair. Maybe we should go through and give away-- which we do sometimes, but it can be hard to find places that really need used toys and clothing. So, any ideas about how to teach my little girls to be happy with less? Thanks all!

1 comment:

Tiffany and hers said...

you are adorable and so are your kids!