Sunday, March 1, 2009

Could I complain just a moment???

I don't really consider myself a complainer--although Ashley may say different ;0)... But, this week has been HORRIBLE! I am 38 1/2 week pregnant, so that alone is enough to make life plenty difficult. I agreed to watch a neighbor's dogs in their home while they went away for a week. I met the dogs and went through the routine and all seemed well-- not a big deal. She told me they might have couple of accidents, but no big deal... I must have cleaned up poop and pee no less than 20 times off the floor this week and I won't begin to tell you about the 2 two times the poodle pooped and it got stuck in her fur! Not to mention I always had 3 or more kids with me during these adventures to add to the excitement. On Wednesday my throat started to get really scatchy and sure enough by Friday I had a pretty nasty head cold. I can deal with a head cold and little sleep-- that is just part of the game when you are this pregnant and then with a newborn. BUT then my cat has had something wrong with his stomach and been yakking all over the house... All Friday night and then again last night. I had him locked in the laundry room and then in the bathroom to minimize the clean up effort, but Ashley let him out. He gets to clean anything else up! This morning I heard Hannah hacking away and thought, "poor kid she's got my cold!" Nope, no such luck! She is coughing and sneezing with a fever and headache and wants to throw up but can't. Sounds like the flu to me! I called a mom with a little girl in class last night and she said her kids had the same thing that Hannah woke up with this morning and one has had it 6 days (including fever)! Oh boy! I have her secluded in my room watching movies and sleeping, so that I can keep the contamination possibilities down for the younger kids. I guess my mom and Ashley can handle sick kids while I take care of the baby, right? Riley isn't going to scream for me night and day?! Arrggggg!

2 comments:

Katie said...

You definitely deserve a vent session about all of that! I am sorry! I hope things are going better.

Karolyn said...

You left out the part about having to teach a class to us ladies at church on Saturday morning! Thank you so much for inspiring us along in saving money! And thank you also for putting together the file with all the great tips and more info! You're amazing! I'm sure you will be blessed with a good labor and delivery. :)