I hope everyone had the merriest of Christmases! We had a great time with all our family and our trips to and from Raleigh were pretty quick considering we have 3 small kids. I was able to see all my siblings, which was nice. They seem happy and doing well. Mom and Dad were generous to host us as usual-- there are a lot of us and they do watch the kids, so Ashley and I can hit the after Christmas sales. We always buy wrapping paper, tape, tissue paper and tags for next year! It save money...
Anyways on the way home Hannah had $20 burning a hole in her little pockets. She wanted more webkinz --although she received 4 for Christmas. So, we decided to stop at KB toys at Concord Mills because we had heard that they were going out of business. By the way DON'T GO THERE! It was a mad house and there was nothing good left... Anyways... as we were getting the kids in the car to leave and Ashley was putting the double stroller away he smooshed his finger in the stroller and not thinking calls out, "dammit." Now Ashley doesn't swear very often, but he does use the occasional swear word when things go wrong. I have been warning him for a long time that the kids were going to hear him and use his FUN words, but he still slips up now and again. So, immediately after he says dammit, Hannah trying to get into her seat belt screams out, "dammit! dammit!" I had to laugh-- Ashley was furious and told Hannah not to use that word and that he said it by accident. She then said it again for emphasis... I had to hide I was laughing so hard and I didn't want any of the children to see me. Ashley's only comment to me when we got into the front seat was, "Are you happy?" (He was smiling a little :) I hope he can forgive me for this post, but it was funny and kids will repeat anything-- I am honestly surprised that this is the first time she has used a choice word. Various family members have sworn around my kids before (no offense anyone--I know that sometimes they just come out). Hopefully Hannah won't use any "fun" words in school like my younger brother Shane did. In kindergarten he turned to his teacher as she passed out worksheets and said, "not this damn sheet again!" Too funny!!!
Today..
10 months ago

2 comments:
Hilarious. We've had to deal with this with Isabella for several months now. The funny thing is, she's never heard any swear words from me or Megan-- just on tv.
What kind of TV are you watching :) J/K
Post a Comment