Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Eve of Christmas Eve

I am exhausted from all the holidaying and just getting ready for the big day. I still have food to prepare (and cook in the morning-- although Ashley does more than me!) and some presents to wrap. Overall though we are ready for "the big show" (any Elf fans out there? I can quote most of the movie! It is my favorite funny Christmas movie--Hannah and I quote it to each other.) Making and delivering cookies has worn me out, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. I had to bribe the girls to go deliver the cookies with me by offering a movie! But, they enjoyed going because our last stop was at a friend's house and we went in to go to the bathroom and just didn't leave! They played and I ran my mouth for about an hour and an half-- something fun for all of us!

Yesterday was CVS day and I made out like a bandit (I almost feel guilty!), but some things just weren't in stock, so I asked for rainchecks and I will have to hope for the best when I go back. I bought 2 Loreal eyeshadows, 2 bottles of Sally Hansen nail polish, 1 package of Benefiber (I figure maybe mom or dad need it-- ha ha), 1 package of Zantac (great for pregnancy), 1 package of Exceterin (did I spell that right?), 5 listerines, 1 Right Guard, 2 bags of M&Ms, a tube of lip balm, an energy bar and some energy drinks all for under $3! Yep! CVS ROCKS! I saved over $50! Now I need to give Cadi, my Gambian (a country somewhere in Africa-- I am not great with geography!) stalker, some red nail polish for Christmas (if you don't know about her I will explain in a later post!) She keeps coming up to the door asking for nail polish! I also received my GUM coupons in the mail from ebay (I paid $3 for the lot including shipping), so now I have to get busy going to Harris Teeter to redeem all of them-- 20 in all. Let me know if you need a toothbrush--lol. They are good to have around at Christmas for packages to the troops and stuff-- But, I guess we will never run out of Listerine! I have thought about doing a mini-class on how I stretch my dollar, but would anyone really come?! Is it anything that most shoppers don't already know? And just because it works for me would it work for you and your family? And do you really want to spend the time and energy I do on shopping for deals? For me it is almost an addiction to see how much I can get for how little. I don't know. If you are interested in some of my cheapness tips let me know. It is from great cheap shoppers that I learned and gleaned so much! Ning, my next door neighbor, opened the world of CVS to me and I am so grateful. I have about 100 free Durecell batteries in my closet thanks to her! Kudos to Ning! So maybe I can pass on various tips from others and some I have found along the way--lol! Have a wonderful Eve of Christmas Eve and a more spiritual post on the morrow!

1 comment:

tiki_lady said...

I would go! I am a prize bargain hunter although, I never fully understood the coupon thing so that is a world I am in the dark about. I can't grasp how you and others shop but I am very curious.

We have made tons and tons of cookies! I don't even want to see another bake good item. We have wrapped and bowed the trays out and everything is done. I have had things done for a week now. So we are chillaxin'