Friday, June 13, 2008

It's 3:30 AM!!!

It is pretty sad when you wake up at 3:30 and your mind is so full of life that you can't go back to sleep, so you decide that the best thing to do is to post on your blog, BUT nothing comes to mind to say. Maybe that is because I should be asleep... I guess I could tell you why I am awake and what I am thinking and that would make for an interesting post. Ellie woke me up because she was yelping in her sleep. I guess she had a bad dream, so I went in and caressed her hair a little and she calmed down, rolled over and went back to a deeper sleep. The other reason is that I am still a little uneasy about Hannah's declaration from last night that she was going to throw up. Both Ellie and Riley had a stomach thing in the last two weeks and anyone that knows me well will tell I FREAK OUT ABOUT VOMITING. Many people who just get to know me don't really understand, but my reaction at times is almost phobic and I have come close to hyperventilating before when vomiting is involved. That is bad when you are a mom!!! It depends on my mood also-- and I can be somewhat calm when need be, but thank goodness for Ashley. He really has to handle the ralphing. He does it so well! The trade off is that if I am home I get to handle most (not all) dirty diapers-- especially the bad ones. Wow-- more than you all ever wanted know about my family life! I do take my hat off to Ashley-- he is wonderful! Father's Day is on Sunday and we are very grateful for him around here. And it is not just because he cleans up the vomit :-)
On a lighter note-- just finished Sense and Sensibility for the first time. I am now Jane Austen fan and the name Edward got even better! Could the name get better from the Twilight Series?
Yep, Edward Ferrars is a pretty awesome fella!

2 comments:

Josh said...

i hate the puking as well. i remember pulling into the parking lot at epcot a few years ago. suddenly isa starting crying violently (that's her signal that something's coming up). megan reacted quickly getting a styrofoam cup in front of her. the rental van was a mess... we decided to take her on into the park to meet mickey et al. we pushed isa around in a stroller all day. when she would start crying, we just held her over the first bushes we could find and let her puke. she perked up just long enough to wait in line and get her pic taken with mickey. good times...

anyway, my point is, after isa has an... episode.. she talks about it for days. "i'm going to throw up!" but she doesn't. so maybe that's what hannah's doing.

when can we come down to see you guys?

Shannon said...

We'd love to have you anytime! We're pretty much booked up for the rest of June b/c of Youth Conference and a beach trip, but July is a good month for us. 4th of July weekend maybe? Our ward does an incredible fireworks show... What works for you?