Friday, June 6, 2008

In Memory of Lance Waldorf

This week at our house has been filled with meetings (upcoming Youth Conference at church that I am helping out with), sickness (colds, sinus infections and the stomach bug-- my personal favorite) and all the things that a family with young children has to do. But, I am sad to report that the most difficult part of this week has been the loss of a cousin, Lance Waldorf. He is my mom's first cousin on her father's side and someone who I learned to call a great friend. He sadly took his own life on Monday leaving behind a beautiful wife, Lana, stepson, Alex, mom, Levon and sister, Stacy. He served two deployments in Afghanistan and was proud of his service and showed great love to the people there. He loved family, God and country and showed it in all he did. We worked together on family history and he was able to gather over 4000 family names for his family tree in just a few short months. I am eternally grateful for his help in finding out more about my mother's family which has always be illusive to me. I will miss him greatly. Please include him and his family in your prayers along with all those who serve our country so valiantly.

No comments: