Reflecting on motherhood is such a bittersweet thing. This week is a time to remember our mothers and their love and care, but my thoughts often turn to my own children and the kind of mother I am to them. Do I teach them enough of what they will need as they grow? Will they be women of strength, integrity, love and faith? How can I give them what they need and what God wants them to have? Will they one day call me blessed?
Motherhood is little of what I expected when I began, but so much more than I could ever deserve. Sometimes all the little voices and needs seem to come all at once and I can't handle another minute and other times the soft whispers and giggles are what Heaven must be. I love it and I love them. I hope they feel it and that I can move them to be the people that I pray for them to be. Here is a poem I searched all over for that President Hinckley shared a few years back. It reflects the beauty of being a mother...
"You are the vacation I did not take;
You are the pearls I cannot buy;
You are my blue Italian lake;
You are my piece of foreign sky."
Ann Campbell "To My Child"
May we celebrate the beauty of motherhood and childhood daily...
Shannon
Today..
10 months ago

3 comments:
Amen!
LOVE the quote. I'm writing it down. Thanks for searching high and low for it. :)
I couldn't have said it better!! You are such a great mom, your girls are blessed to have you!
Post a Comment