Monday, May 25, 2009

Pssst... Hannah can spell

Bernie and Ning Spears our wonderful, incredible next door neighbors were over eating dinner this evening. I was eating a burger with everything on it and Bernie asked if it was going to be like that Hardees commercial where the beautiful, young woman is enjoying her burger a little too much. I laughed and Ashley said that was borderline risque (the commercial). Bernie's reply was that it was beyond risque and then he spelled out that he thought is was P-O-R-N. Hannah perks up at this and says, "What does P-O-R-N spell? Porn? Mom, what's porn?" It was hilarious! We had to play it off like Bernie spelled B-O-R-N-- by the way she was not fooled. Bernie forgot that she can now spell--very well I might add. I am going to have to explain
P-O-R-N pretty soon. I guess "the talk" is not too far away. At least she will be familiar with some of the verbage.

4 comments:

Mac said...

Hillarious. That really made me laugh. We have just spent two days painting our house and Oliver said to me tonight,'Shall we order P-I-Z-Z-A'. As if the kids wouldn't know what he had just spelled. All the kids shouted 'YEAH, PIZZA'. Our days of spelling things out is long gone!

Monica said...

Too funny! Tell Bernie and Ning I said "HI!" Miss you guys lots!!

Katie said...

That is so funny! I still have to remind myself not to spell things out in front of Colin. Porn though - wow, what a doozy.

Jamie Martin said...

It is a sad day when spelling goes out the window.