Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Please Heavenly Father...

There is nothing sweeter than hearing a child's prayer, but there is also nothing funnier than some of the things they prayer for...
Tonight's prayer from Hannah:
... And bless Jayden to stop saying suck in class...
And a clip of Riley's prayer:
... bless the monkey's-- ooohh, oohhh, ahhh (monkey sound effects), bless the dogs, bless the sharks, bless the sharks not to eat me...

After I put her in the bed, sang and left the room she (Riley) began to cry. I went in to see if she was okay and she said that she didn't want to go back to the beach. Those sharks must really scare her!! While we were at the beach last week she would cry any time we went near the water and plead, "go dat (that) way, mama," while pointing towards the cottage. I am going to have to work on this shark thing-- I love the beach too much!

2 comments:

Mac said...

That was hillarious Shannon. I just love your family. Your kids crack me up!!

Monica said...

Too Cute! Take her to the aquarium, that may cure it, though I suspect it likely a phase and time will heal the fear. Raleigh went through a summer that he wouldn't let his feet touch the sand......that was fun!! But he got over it. Miss you guys!! Hugs to everybody;)