Friday, February 22, 2008

Busy and obsessed

Okay…okay… This has been a long time coming. I have been busy and obsessed and just haven’t gotten around to writing in a while. Busy because I have three small children that DEMAND my attention awake and asleep (The cat keeps waking Ellie up at night, so this morning at 4am she needed a band aid. Then at 4:30 she needed Daddy to sleep with her—why she didn’t ask Daddy herself I don’t have a clue. I began sleeping on the far side of the bed, so that the kids would wake him in the middle of the night instead of me, but now they just walk the long way, away from the bathroom, to my side of the bed to tell me that they have to pee or need a band aid. One of the many gifts of motherhood.) And obsessed because… I have discovered the Twilight Series by Stephenie Meyer. I had so many people RAVE about these books and tell me that I HAD to read them. One friend even telling me that they were better than Harry Potter… I thought—she’s blasphemous… how can anything be better than Harry Potter??? Why didn’t I read them sooner? Well, I know that I have an obsessive personality when I like something and I just don’t have time or patience to obsessed right now in my life. I am way too practical to get obsessed over any books—right?! And because I never thought that I would enjoy the subject matter of these books—1. It’s a cheesy romance—which I guess I do like a good romance, but it is hard to admit that I do. 2. Not only is it a cheesy romance, but it is a cheesy romance about vampires and werewolves. That is really hard to admit…But, here I go admitting… I have read all three books (Twilight, New Moon and Eclipse) and anything readable on her website and here I am reading the books again. I read New Moon in less than a day (I still made dinner and put the children to bed—I just stayed up until 4am in the morning—no worries I still got up with the kids at 7am.) I only stayed up until 2am with Eclipse, although I thought it was a better book. So, to all 3 of you reading my blog—have at it… I love the Twilight Series. I can’t wait for the other 2 books that she has coming out in the series. Breaking Dawn will be out on August 2nd and I find myself wanting a party at 12:01 am at Books A Million like they had with the Harry Potter books. I would stay up all night to finish it… But, I doubt they will do that—I may just have to order on Amazon and wait…Ashley is reading them, but not enjoying them to anywhere near the degree that I did or that any of my girlfriends have. As Anne’s neighbor in the Anne of Green Gables books always said, “That’s a man for you.” I do a appreciate him reading the books just so he can discuss them with me, but I am not sure if it is worth the teasing I am getting for liking a cheesy love story about humans, vampires and werewolves…
Enough about my obsessive disorder—I would talk about politics, but it leaves me feeling a little sad and hopeless at this point. I am beginning to feel that I will have to vote for McCain—because I am so scared of Obama. I think that Hillary is done and that Obama will probably be our next president. Sorry to all my friends that are Obama fans—you know that I am conservative to the core and he is not. Universal Health Care(maybe if we followed plans in Europe that included private companies—but our plan is like that of Canada and Britain—which are failing miserably), taxes put on us by the United Nations that would account for 0.07% of our Gross Domestic Product, promises of money to everyone, totally open and unprotected borders—not to mention the Supreme Court Justices that are waiting to retire—well, we can save that post for another day—right?! His message of “hope” is just not getting through to me… Promise to be better at writing in the future… Love to all, Shannon

1 comment:

Jen said...

I have a friend who just told me about the Twilight series... I didn't think I would like them either, doesn't sound like something I would chose... vampires? romance??
Maybe I will check them out after reading your review.